Thursday, August 23, 2007

Thick walls


I figured we had thick walls since we can hardly hear a peep out of our neighbors, but today I got to see for myself just how thick they really are.

Our bathtub drain was slow when we moved in, so they opened up the wall to unclog it. Maybe I'm strange to enjoy looking into our walls, but I find it very interesting.


Yes that's two layer of brick between the neighbor and us. Our building is a 12 story brick building that was built in 1948. Our kitchen is still original to the building, well was until yesterday when the faucet started leaking, so now we have new faucets that totally don't match the vintage kitchen. I'll take pictures of that after I wash the dishes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm going posting crazy - where are the pictures of the kitchen? I think the pink piping on the curtains will look spectacular. Now you'll have to get some of the breast cancer spatulas, etc.