Monday, August 27, 2007

Curtains!

My curtain rings came today!


Which is good because my windows are feeling quite naked. I found them at createforless.com much less expensive then the other places I was looking.

I have been planning out these curtains since we moved in. Got the idea from my good friend Laurie over at ranchredo.com

The top curtain (also seen in the sketch below) is the pattern for the windows, both in the living room and the bedroom. The second is the curtain which will cover the pantry in the kitchen area and the closet in the bedroom area.

In the bedroom the curtains will be red and black as seen below...


And in the living room, I'm going with a muted blue...

I've decided I would like to add a printed black to the living room curtains.. But I can't quite decide which print yet. I wanted a print that would still read as black, not gray or white. So here are a few I've found...

The curtain for the pantry (in the same room as the living room) will have a pink piping between the solid black fabric and the printed black border (The kitchen is an original 1948 pink kitchenette with black and chrome details) so I want to make sure the print looks good on both the blue curtains and the pink piped curtains....

Have an opinion? I'd love to hear it. I'm leaning toward one of these prints...What do you think?




1 comment:

Vickie N. said...

Wow, you really picture everything out before you do anything, huh? That's so cool. I'm like that too.